Hard Wired Smoke Alarms for Homes in Edinburgh
One of the easiest and best ways to keep you and your family safe at home is to ensure you have working carbon monoxide and smoke alarms installed. It is essential that you maintain a smoke alarm on each floor of your home.
Current Scottish Building regulations state homes should have at least one:
- smoke alarm (preferably optical) in the main habitable room
- smoke alarm in the hallway or landing of every floor
- smoke alarm in every access room serving an inner room
- heat alarm in the kitchen
All these alarms should be interconnected.
This legislation helps to improve Scotland’s previous poor fire safety record. 62% of all fires where fatalities were recorded started in the kitchen or living room.
If your home hasn’t been upgraded for some time it may not meet the current fire safety standards. Our fully qualified Edinburgh electricians can make your home a safer place.
Benefits of Hard Wired Smoke Alarms
- You don’t need to worry about batteries running out.
- Your home will have a functioning smoke detector 100% of the time. Hard wired alarms have battery back-up to cover for power cuts.
- Compliance with Fire Safety regulations.
- Interconnection between alarms so you will know immediately there is a problem even if you are on another floor at the time.